The Basic Practice of Statistics, Sixth edition By David Moore, William I. Notz, Michael A. Fligner
745 Pages | 2011 | ISBN: 1464102546 , 1464104344 | PDF | 71.5 MB
Why are David Moore’s statistics books so successful? They have become the books to beat because Moore was the first author to present the teaching of statistics as a useful tool in practice.
Unlike traditional statistics books, Moore’s texts use real data and walk the student through the process of analyzing that data, as opposed to emphasizing formulas, drill-like exercises, and cookbook mathematics. Thus, for the first time, students learn to think like practicing statisticians and to apply what they learn to their lives.
When Moore and McCabe’s Introduction to the Practice of Statistic (IPS) became the #1 book in the market about 5 years ago, statistics instructors realized that a shorter, lower-level, less detailed book based on IPS would also succeed. Hence, David Moore envisioned The Basic Practice of Statistics (BPS)—a text that applies the data analysis approach of IPS but is targeted for a one-term course only. BPS has now become the book to beat, being an ideal match for more schools than any other book in the market.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Digital Tutors – Beginner’s Guide to Typography
- Documentary Photo Techniques with Photoshop and After Effects
- Eat3D – Advanced Visual FX Masterclass
- Groove3 – Logic Pro X Tips & Tricks (2014)
- InfiniteSkills – Learning Responsive Web Design
- InfiniteSkills – Writing CSS with LESS Training Video
- Ripple Training – Final Cut Pro 10.1 In-depth
- WebRTC Fundamentals
- Pluralsight – Oracle PL SQL Fundamentals (Part 1)
- PluralSight – Introduction to Visual Studio 2013 – Part 1
- PluralSight – Exchange Server 2013 Unified Messaging
- PluralSight – Building PHP Applications with the Zend Framework
- PluralSight – Building Dynamic Websites with PHP and MySQL
- Lynda Xcode 4 Essential Training
- Lynda Web Design Fundamentals
- Lynda Photoshop Retouching Techniques Beauty Portraits
- Lynda Mograph Techniques Animating with C4D Effectors with EJ Hassenfratz (2013)
- Lynda Mograph Techniques – Creating a Product Endpage
- Lynda Mograph Techniques – Animating to Music
- Lynda – Teacher Tips